Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ugh....@ Christmas Parties

So now begins the rounds of ridiculous Christmas (or holiday as we always want to be politically correct) parties. Can't say I am looking forward to 'em because you always have to be fake a phony and pretend like you are having a good time when you're really not. This year, I have been invited to four Christmas parties, three of which are work related, and I must say I am dreading them.

You can't get drunk because if you do, all of your co-workers and business associates will call you a lush and you will lose all credibility.

You can't dance like you want to because...well you know.

You have to pretend you like people that you don't like. Be forced to hug them and touch them and stuff which really isn't my style.

And you have to look grateful when you receive your Christmas bonus even though it may only be a $10.00 gift card to the Gap. LOL.

I know this year because of the economy, alot of people are scaling back the holiday fesitivites and I think that is a good idea. But I also believe that the money you save on giving a lavish event could be used in bonusing your employees, the ones who work and work for you and show the company extreme dedication. That would be money well spent.

Anyway, that's my ten cents. I, for one, am not looking forward to these events, but it comes with the territory. I am thankful to even have a job at this point, while many are laid off or unemployed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just started a new job in the last couple of weeks so I don't know the how the holiday parties are going to go. At my last job people really let their hair down! Nothing like a ballroom or dinner hall full of drunk doctors...LOL!