Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stalker Alert

Wow. Several months ago, a girlfriend of mine from high school and I reconnected through Facebook (isn't the Internet somethin'?). She and I used to be really good friends and we met back then because she was a close friend of my best friend. We would do the things that 15 and 16 and 17 year old girls did back then (in the early 90's...am I showing my age?) like going to the mall, the movies, the park (in our cute tennis skirts), and all that jazz. My best friend and I were like twins, everyone thought we were sisters even though we weren't. This other girl who was in our crew wasn't really like us physically. To put it blunt, she was overweight by some 60 or 70 lbs but she was funny as hell and we liked her and we hung out all the time.

She kinda started getting weird. I remember one time when my then boyfriend (now my 14 year old son's father) and I were coming home from a date and he was dropping me off at the crib and she was sitting there in the parking lot of our condo complex when we pulled up. I waved to her because I figured she was probably in the area and thought she would stop by and saw that I wasn't home and was getting ready to leave. She acted like she didn't see me and sped off. When I got inside, I asked my mom if she had knocked on the door for me and my mom said that she knocked on the door over an hour before that.

Weird ish number one.

Later our senior year, my dad went to Memphis and came back with some Cross Colors gear. I believe they were green pants, the kind we all wore back then. Anyway, they were much too big for me (my dad knew I liked them baggy but they were falling off of me-LOL) and I had a similar looking pair anyway so I didn't sweat it. This girl in particular came over and we kicked it one evening and a few days later when I went to school, the girl had on my too big Cross Colors pants. I was like, how did she even get them? And how did she leave my house without me seeing them? And who told her she could wear them even though they were too big for me? 

Weird ish number two.

There are more weird ishs's but I am not going to type it all out. Basically, she was like a single white female (you know the movie?) but Black instead. After we graduated, she went her way and I went mine and...

Lo and behold, she emerges on Facebook. Being that she is now 34 or 35 and I am 33 and that we are both old as hell and have children (she has three, I have two) I thought that things would've changed as far as her mentality. We started talking on the phone and texting and emailing. Keeping in touch so to speak. And then it starts...all over again.

I have a very distinct e-mail address for family and friends. And it is cute and very suggestive and very ME. And then she goes and says she has a new address and it is VERY similar to mine. I told her that my son was taking acting and lessons (he's been doing this since he was 9 and he's 14 now) and a few months later she sends me a photo of her son during a drama workshop.

But the grand finale is this! My son was born April 10th. She had a daughter earlier this year and she was supposed to be delivered on April 12th and she had the doctor induce her on April 10th so they would share the same birthday.

Folks, I cannot make this up.

So a few months ago, I simply stopped communicating with her. She got the hint. But today, I go to my email and she sends me one. And she said that she would like to come visit for Christmas (she is in Florida where I grew up).

I haven't emailed her back. I do not want her in my house. Or anywhere around me. LOL. What should I do?

2 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Email=====>Trash.


That's crazi.

Anonymous said...

Block her from your email. She's crazy! She does NOT need to know where you live.