Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Note to Alexis : Thanks For Being The Muse for A Great Album

808s and Heartbreak.

Dope title of Kanye's latest effort. Dope CD. For those of you that think that 808s suck simply don't get it. The album is moody, melodic, and steeped with progression and plenty of influences of some of the greats in music such as Marvin Gaye, Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, and Prince. I am going to write a full review for the album later (I listened to tracks 1 through 10 on my way to work, I have 2 more to listen to). But this blog is not about the album per se.

It's about the person who inspired Kanye to go down a more musically dark and creative road this time out.

Alexis, girl, you must have the bomb stuff! Almost every song is about you. Kanye is clearly speaking to you through this album, sho' nuff. Saying stuff like when he touches your neck he can feel your soul and he still fantasizes about you. He hates you. He loves you. He misses you. He can't break free. He's not thinking about you. He is thinking about you. Nikkuh is all twisted up and the result of it is a West album less hip-hop and more sythesized and melodic than every before.

Ye is a tortured soul right now.

Don't know much about the break-up that became the anthesis of this album. From what I heard in the gossip set, Alexis didn't show much "love" after the death of his mother. Then again, I also heard he was cheating too. And she was as well. Like he said in 'Heartless', no one knows what went on between the two. But whatever it was, it resulted in the termination on their engagement and relationship.

He hasn't been the same ever since.

I thought they were going to get back together when I saw the both of them a few months ago at Fashion Week in NY. But I guess the reunion was short-lived.

Alexis, how does it feel to break the heart of one of hip-hop's most creative souls? I for one would like to be a fly on the wall while you listen to the songs. Are you a woman scorned? Are you happy you two broke up? Are you sad? LOL. Enquiring minds wanna know!

2 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Just started it this morning so no real jerdict yet.Better then I expected (anti-autotone) but Kanye's provided enough quality work for me to give this some time to settle in.

As her his former female.I've been thru the "crushed by a former love" period, as i'm sure we all have.And it produced some of my best writing.

DanniGyrl said...

Hey you. Why am I so in love with track 2? Is it me or does it sound like Marvin Gaye could've sang over this during his 'I Want You' phase? This song (IMO) is the best on the CD.

And yes, you are right, sometimes the passion for those we love (and lost) produces some of the best writing. I guess it's the inspiration that sparks the creativity.

COOL BEANS :P