Monday, November 17, 2008

January 20, 2009

Okay, so I need some help people. Are you planning on going to the Inauguration next year? I have my ticket purchased, I am coming in through BWI on that Monday, the 19th and I have been searching high and low for a hotel and I haven't been able to find one--and the ones I did find were charging a stargeering $600.00 a night. Like for a Hampton Inn or Best Western. That is NOT going to happen. But if I don't find something soon, I just may have to take that route if it is the best option. I have perused Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, and Orbitz and still nothing. I even put a call in to my travel agent on Friday and she has yet to get back to me. LOL.

Is anyone else attending? Does anyone have a hook-up? LOL. I don't mind paying half for a room or splitting the cost of a room, but I don't want to be stuck in a rental car for the night during the winter in D.C.

Suggestions, hook-ups, please holla @atcha girl. I will be there come hell or high water (who coined that phrase, LOL?)

Also, beware of people selling tickets to the event. Tickets can only be given to you by your local Senator, who has a set number of tickets they can give away to the public. I have already contacted my Senator, Claire McCaskill for a ticket. I started ringing her phone on November 5th and I have continued to phone and e-mail every other day since then. I better be on that list when they begin giving out the tickets in January. LOL.

For more information on the ticketing process or just the Inaugural in general, click HERE.

No comments: