Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Can't Seem To Get Into The Holiday Spirit

This is a photo of my Christmas tree last year. I put it up right before we went out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday. I wanted it up so that when me and the kids got back, we would walk into the house with the tree shining in all its glory. It's a must in my household that the tree is up no later than the day after Thanksgiving.

Fast forward to this year. I cannot seem to get into the groove of the holiday. I am really trying. It's not that I am not feeling good--life is awesome indeed. I absolutely love this time of year! But I am stuggling with trying to get in the mood of all of the holiday festivities and cheer.

It sucks...LOL.

I haven't even begun my "theme" for my tree. Usually at this time of the year, I am halfway done with the shopping and this year I haven't even started. I don't even know where my holiday decorations are. We moved last month and I am sure they are somewhere in the garage but for the life of me I don't even feel like looking for them. I will probably just buy all new ones. LOL.

No I am not depressed.

No I am not a scrooge.

I am the opposite. I am very much happy with my life right now and I feel so blessed. I just need to get into this whole holiday thing, my son and daughter absolutely love this time of year and I have really spoiled them with the holiday-ness that is Danyelle: Hot chocolate at night, Christmas movies, our Christmas card portrait we take every year, and of course the endless treks to the mall to buy gifts for our family. I do everything short of wearing those ugly Christmas sweaters and reef earrings you see your co-workers wear in the office. I will NEVER do that ish.

I got to get on the ball. Is anyone else feeling this way? Holla back.

No comments: