Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blog Much?

The last few weeks, I have been spending a lot of time on the web looking at blogs. Urban blogs, rock blogs, entertainment blogs, sex blogs, relationship blogs, weight loss blogs, etc. etc. After all of the research I have done, I now consider myself an expert on Blogging 101. Only problem is (not really a problem but kinda) is that there are so many blogs out there how do you as a blog writer get your blog out to the masses? And if you don't want your blog out there to the masses, then what is its purpose? Who is your audience? What is your goal to blogging?

I, for one, will use my own blogging experience as support for my latest article. I have started at least 5 blogs. Each time I started a blog, I stopped after a week or two because I found myself bored with it or found it hard to find a topic to write about. When I began writing this blog, I simply stopped caring. I wanted to have a place that I could discuss what I wanted because in each blog I went to, I wasn't finding a sense of personality or reality. Which is why I call this blog a reality blog because I actually share my life with my readers. You see my face, the face of my family and friends, I share my experiences. It's very personal and quaint. The purpose of this blog is simply to entertain myself and I am such a nerd and I know there are other nerds out there as well so maybe they will be entertained as well.

See, some blogs kill me when they try to tell other so-called up and comer blogs on how to do things. In one blog this weekend, I read this person's tips on blogging. The blog was nicely designed. She hired a personal web designer to design the page and it was fresh and esthetically pleasing to the eye. But it lacked substance. If Ice Queen was what she was going for, then she passed with flying colors. But I was not entertained at all. There are so many blogs, popular blogs out there, and I don't think they are popular on purpose. I am sure it happened all by happenstance and accident. A true blog, correction, a true blog that entertains is not a calculated action. It is quirky and fun and unique and has something that appeals.

I blog because hell, there has to be someone out there besides myself who cares about the things I care about. And if they don't I won't lose any sleep on it. I am just having fun. I have a 9 to 5 and I am not trying to make this a money earning enterprise. At least not yet.

Spreading the warm and fuzzy and tingly is what I am about. And to do it safely.

Thank you, those few that come to read this (LOL...insert your own humor here) for sharing my nerdy world. As I define and grow this small operation of mine, hopefully you will continue to find it entertaining.

Now I am going to go and finish watching Bridget Jones Diary. I find myself in this Renee Zellwegger character. Quirky chick she is. :P

...and good soundtrack too.

1 comment:

NightFall914 said...

Just like everything else I do online.It begins and ends with me.No attempts to teach anybody anything.Just sharing a glimpse into my mind's eye and if anyone else 'gains" something then hey thats great.Truthfully I do like seeing that someone has replied to something I wrote, but it doesnt make or break the reason why I do this.Physically gettin' thoughts out helps me process things.I learned over on myspace and other previous community sites that lots of people read my words but don't feel inclined to reply to them.Thats just how it goes I guess.

P.S please some of the more entertaimnent and substance filled blogs you've come across. :)