Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dating Sux!

What it do people? I don't know what to do about my dating situation so please don't mind me while I vent. I just got home about an hour ago from a date. The date was with a gentleman that I have known since June and whom I have been on dates before. On the surface, he was just what the doctor ordered: tall, dark (I like 'em chocolate), handsome, professional, and a wonderful conversationalist. I liked speaking with him because our conversations were never forced and we always had plenty to talk about.

Anyway so we've been feeling each other but he works a lot and I have been busy myself with work, my two kids, and the MBA program so it's hard for us to connect. Anyway, so he called me last night and asked me if I was busy tonight and I told him that I was available so we planned a date. He picked me up promptly and we went to a piano bar here called Peppertinis and it was going well. We caught up on one another's lives, had a good meal, and even danced a little. Everything was going well and then he had to say this:

"...so I need a little help from you."

"okay. what can I do for you?"

"um...I kinda need you to give me some tonight."

THIS IS A TRUE STORY FOLKS. NO LIE.

"give you some?"

"yeah."

Now I am not going to go into specifics right now but you can imagine it was all downhill from here. I asked him to take me home (after a few choice words) and it was a wrap. I don't even know where he got off asking for sex: we had only kissed a few times and never discussed sex at any time. It caught me totally off guard that I felt like I was going to be sick.

Just when I thought he had some potential, he had to go and make an ass of himself.

I am telling you, this dating ish is insane. First here was the "needy" one from Arkansas, then there was the "why do you have to have two kids" (this is what he said to ME) from Missouri, and then there was the "we should just be friends from Illinois" and the list goes on and on. I don't even know why I bother, but I don't want to be lonely. I don't want to give up on the dating pool because there are a few "special, short-bus dudes" out there but seriously, I don't know what else to do.

I am a professional woman.

I am an educated woman.

I am a nerd but I have a good sense of humor.

I believe in 50/50.

I want more.

I think I am going to cool it with the dates for awhile, until I can get out of this rut.

DATING INDEED SUX!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay so i hear you girl! i hope you have had tonnes of luck since, but i can assure you it is the same the world over