Monday, December 29, 2008

2008. Yeah.

As the year is about to wind down come to an end, most people begin to sit back and reflect on the past year's events; the hits and misses, the mistakes, the pains, the joys, the highs, the lows, and ultimately, what could've been better in retrospect. 

All-in-all, I can say that while 2008 had its challenging moments for me, I am very blessed and I am happy with what the year had to offer overall. I met some new friends whom I hope to have in my life for a very long time. I bonded with my mother and repaired our damaged relationship. I helped my family in many ways both emotionally as well as financially. I bought a new home. I found my niche in the corporate world. And I gained a new perspective about life and became closer to God. What more can you ask for?

I am not one for resolutions. For one, each year that I made a resolution, I've always broken them within a week or two. So I am going to follow in last year's footsteps and not make any resolutions this for next year as well. But I do have a few goals that I've set for myself:
  • Get my non-profit off the ground and invest in my own business endeavor
  • Get in shape. Work out on a regular basis. I have fallen off the last few months
  • Establish better eating habits. Less dining out and cut out the sodas (oh how I love 'em)
  • Finalize the revisions and edits of my novel and get it published this year, by May 1st
  • Less television. More ME time
  • Work on my son's website and help him establish his acting career
  • Be more frugal when it comes to spending but not lose the sponteneity
  • Continue to cultivate my blog and launch my personal website and vlog.
  • Finally go to NEW YORK CITY!
That is just a snapshot of the goals that I have set forth this year. As I accomplish these goals, I am going to refer back to this post and check-mark the goal I have completed off of the list. 

What are some of the things you want to accomplish in the upcoming year? I would love to hear your goals, resolutions, hopes and dreams for the new year. Please comment and let me know what you are thinking about in terms of self improvement in the upcoming year.

2 comments:

NightFall914 said...

I too shy away from resolutions but similarly have goals.Last year I aimed to greatly improve my level of fitness(thank u p90x) and eliminate my credit card debt.I did both so as a follow up I plan to step up my fitness another level with a goal of 23olbs and lower body fat, finally get to saving some money again and re open another savings account.And finally to get my PHR certification.There are other goals mainly the success of the Omega Nexus but that's a group venture.So, my goals are lined up and I'm ready to move on them.

Thee_Kween said...

I don't do resolutions either. If I feel something needs working on, I try to make a mental note to do so...without limitation of time. My year was wonderful and sorrowful at the same time. Still thanking God all the way.

I just wanna complete this novel I'm writing (LAWD knows I need an ending) and I want to get out more and be less introverted. Spend more time doing for ME than others. It's fine to give...but, I want to give to ME this year. I just want to be productive.