Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Can't Get It Up?

I was watching The Departed last night on Cinemax (don't laugh...Cinemax sounds so old school but it was in HD). It was the second time of me actually watching the flick the whole way through. Anyway, in the movie, Matt Damon's corrupt and sociopathic character has a problem with his...err...plumbing. Although they don't really come out and say that he is impotent, there is a scene where his new girlfriend tells him that it is okay and that they should talk about it because it would make the closer.

It meaning he was as limp as a biscuit.

Anyway, that got me to thinking. A family member of mine (and no I won't name names) recently told me that she and her husband have been unable to have sex for months because he has problems getting an erection.

How does that feel like to be a man and not be able to get up so that you can skeet skeet? LOL. Or show affection and love and all of that jazz with your woman? How does it feel to be the partner of this person and know that your needs can't be met because he can't get (or stay) on hard. How horrible that is!

My family member said the doctor said he was impotent, and that is, I guess different from having erectile dysfunction. Impotency is a serious issue which medication sometimes cannot help. And the shame that goes with it can make a man feel, well less than a man.

Matt Damon's character dealt with his "problem" by causing a lot of death and destruction in his wake. I am sure there are many other ways men (and their women) deal with this.

Don't know why I am talking about it but I thought I would put it out there to get your thoughts. And why is it that it I think that impotence affects Caucasians more than Blacks? I am sure I am wrong for this BUT I just can't help thinking that is the case. Anyway, let's discuss. :P

1 comment:

NightFall914 said...

**Looks down**....."I'm good"