Thursday, December 4, 2008

Strippers On Poles

I am a property manager for two apartment complexes here in St. Louis. For those that don't know. Anyway, I have a few residents, women, who make their living as an "exotic dancer". Yesterday, one of them came into the office to pay her rent and I could not help but wonder why she felt she had to resort to taking off her clothes in front of a bunch of horny and overstimulated men (and women) for a living.

This girl (and many girls) are not your typical stripper. And I know you know what I mean. There have been times in your life I am sure that you have seen a girl in passing or saw her out somewhere, maybe the grocery store, and you can tell that she is a stripper. She just exudes that aura. Well this girl isn't like that. She looks more like a librarian than anything, and is very quiet and shy. Barely looks me in the eye when she comes in. It just seems like such a waste for her to be working in a dive getting dollars put in her thong. Has she went to college? Does she have a degree?Does she have any amibition to get out of the game? Of course I can't ask her these questions because it wouldn't be professional, but I would so like to know where her head is at. Because a mind is such a terrible thing to waste.

Supposedly, according to the word on the street, more and more girls are getting into stripping because the economy is so damn bad and they have been laid off or have lost their jobs. That really sucks. And no, I am not trying to knock their hustle. I know there are women who want to strip and like it and want to be the employee of the month on that pole. I can dig that. But for so many others, I know they want a better way of life than being looked at like a piece of meat each night. I am sure that gets old after awhile.

I don't know. Just seems like there are so many endless possiblities. Why limit yourself to doing something like stripping? What happens when you can no longer do it? When your body gives out? What then?

1 comment:

NightFall914 said...

I think many females cop out with that Strip to pay the bills stuff.I used to work ata strip spot for 7 yrs as a part of the promo team.Nice side money.Now the girls I know there come in many styles.Wannabe models/video girls/psuedo hod stars,college girls,girlfriends to hustlers and a few regular everyday types.

As it relates to the economy I think many people are too proud to work at a fast food spot or retail spot so they fall into this belief that they'll make ALL this money stripping.

Well keep in mind that recessions cut bacc on extra non essential spending. I.E less tips in the thongs these days.Believe me i've seen it.