Saturday, December 6, 2008

Are People Still On BlackPlanet?

Please excuse my ignorance on such things but I received a message on AIM (damn, can't believe I logged into it today for the first time in a year) and this person was asking me to look at their pictures on BP. I giggled and almost spit out my McDonald's sweet tea (my ultimate joy besides copping a bad pair of heels) because I didn't even know people were still on that joint. Maybe I am the one that is behind?

Back in the early to mid 00's, I had a page on BP. Man, the notes I used to get! Freaking pervs and lesbians. Nothing against lesbians, mind you, but there wasn't anything on my page that signified that I was of that sexual persuasion. It seemed as if it was a place to meet a bed buddy. That's all it was! Anyway, I deleted my page like three years ago because I never logged in and when I did, it was a freaking mess! Plus I started using Myspace and hardly ever even thought about BP after that. But I guess it's still in full effect mode over there. I went to BP just to kind of look around and it appears that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Alot of wack come on lines and pictures of body parts. LOL.

Myspace is kind of getting that way too. Thinking about deleting my page.

4 comments:

Doug said...

I did the BP thing also. I had my page looking HOT! BP was so glitchy for me and I remember sitting, waiting for my notes to load. I just stopped using it. About a year ago, someone messaged me on Myspace and asked if I had a BP page. After racking my brain, I finally remembered my login info and promptly deleted my account.

Anonymous said...

I'm on there I guess it's still there. If I can remember my login I'll see what if anything is going on....LOL!

DanniGyrl said...

Doug, I agree with what you said about the slow loading of the pages. It was janky at best.

LaVerne...let me see u on BP getting on tingly...LOL.

Anonymous said...

lol. I"m laughing hard over here because I STILL get alerts from BP everytime someone sends me a friends request. I haven't logged in to that account in at a minimum, at least 4 years - I can't even remember the username or passwords. I really need to check on it, and shut the page down.