Monday, January 19, 2009

Tagged & Awarded


I've been slipping lately on my blog. I was actually Tagged by my blog and Twitter pal Fungkeblakchik last Saturday and I am just getting around to posting and responding (charge it to my head and not my heart sis). While sitting here waiting on my plane to leave, I thought this would be as good of a time as any to return the favor to Fungkeblakchick and pass the award along to others who are well deserving. Time for me to pay it forward:

Five yummy things:

1. My smothered potatoes 

2. Giodorno's Pizza 

3. Grandma's liver and onions 

4. Filet mignon from Fleming's steakhouse 

5. Cobb or wedge salad with plenty o' bleu cheese dressing

Five songs I know by heart:

1. Paper Thin by MC Lyte

2. Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House 

3. Dear Mama Tupac

4. Rocket Man Elton John

5. I Need Love LL Cool J

Five places I would like to escape to (in no particular order):

1. Tokyo

 2. Maui 

3. London 

4. NYC 

5. Barbados

Five things I would never wear:

1. my hair blonde 

2. velvet 

3. gellies (shoes....why on earth did they make a comeback?) 

4. jogging pants 

5. CROCS

Five favorite TV shows (in no particular order):

1. Intervention 

2. American Idol 

3. Big Love 

4. Judge Mathis 

5. Anything on HGTV

Five things I enjoy doing (in no particular order):

1. Sleeping 

2. Shopping 

3. Writing 

4. Being a mommy to Codi and Laylah 

5. Thinking dirty thoughts

Five Favorite toys (in no particular order):

1. My Blackberry Curve 

2. My Chi iron 

3. My new digital camera (can't wait to start vlogging) 

4. Trixie, my laptop 

5. My truck

Five people who I am tagging to fill this out and who I’ll also pass on the “Helping Hands Award” and those who I would want to participate in ‘paying it foward’:

1.NightFall914- I don't quite remember how I fell into the world of Blue Bloggington (Myspace perhaps) but this brother's blog has become my latest addiction. Raw, funny, and nerdy, NightFall never ceases to amaze me or entertain me.

2.Miss Jia- Ooh, chile, if you want no nonsense then Miss Jia is the blog to read. Full on uncanny honesty, as well as a You Tube sensation, while visiting Miss Jia, you will never be bored.

3. Forever Lex- This is my homie from Twitter who has become like a e-sister to me. Lex's blog is bold, fearless, and raw as she exposes her innermost feelings with every post. Visit her and you will see what I mean.

4. Rasha- Gotta love Raheim Shabazz. He stays on the grind and holds his passion of writing to the highest regards. Visit his site and show him some love.

5. Jillian- This girl is a beautiful blogger who started a new blog this year entitled New Year, New Attitude 2009. Follow her as she speaks of the changes she is making in her life on a journey of self improvement. And tell her I sentcha. :)

The Rules:
1. Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand then “Pay it Forward” by extending your “Helping Hand” to 5 additional bloggers in support and encouragement for their efforts. (I obviously didnt’ follow these directions, but decided to use the same 5)
2. In passing on the Emblem, each recipient must provide the name of blog or blog author with a link for others to visit.Each recipient must show the Emblem and put the name and link to the blog that has given it to her or him.
3. Link the Emblem to this post: Helping Hand: Much Obliged and Paying it Forward so that others will know it origin and impetus.
4. If you have not already done so, show your recipients some love by adding them to your blog roll, Technorati Favorite list, or in any other way to further let them know that their blog voice is important to you and being heard.
5. Add your name to The Helping Hand meme and don’t forget to leave a comment as a permanent record of all Helping Hand recipients.
6. Display the rules.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww shucks *blush* Thanks mama . I will get cracking on it when I come back from d.c.

Jillian said...

aaww why thank you DG :)

LITE said...

Judge Mathis gets on my nerves with his 'Detroit stories'.

NightFall914 said...

hmmmm
Well thanks.I haven't been called an addiction by a female in sometime.I'll hop on this 2nite.

Anonymous said...

This is my first award for 2009 and your words of encouragement were priceless.