Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh Freaking Boy! (An Open Letter)

We hadn't talked in a minute. The connection we had back in the thick of things had wavered. And yet today, when I talked to you, despite our hiatus, despite the busy schedules that we both maintain and trips recently taken, we fell back into the groove. Yes, it was awkward at first because it had been awhile. But when you are used to talking to someone as much as we talked, the communication comes naturally.

I missed your friendship. You didn't go anywhere. Neither did I. And yet, there was always something indeed missing. At least on my end.

You still intrigue me. You are still that dope being that has effortless cool on the phone and even more so in person. I am drawn to you because you are a unique individual with confidence that puts other men to shame. You are indeed an alpha male. I've always been attracted to that.

Yes there is someone else in my life. We discussed it. Me and ole boy aren't serious, although we are this close to becoming as physical as two can be. You don't want a relationship (with me). I mean, how could we even have one with YOU there and ME here? We have both moved on although we never stopped  moving on. But I still have feelings for you. I won't front. My heart was open to you at one point and I was not in the business of being hurt. So I did close the door. But above all else, your friendship is most important to me.

You made me smile today because you said that we were not platonic. All this talk of friendship that you have expressed during these six months and you let me know that you see me as other than JUST a friend. And that does mean something. No matter what the future holds.

I always want to be in your life no matter what. And I always want us to share that connection. I will always be your flower girl. Ride or die.

MUAH

2 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Damn.....I wish I got a communication like this. This fits right into my current train of thought.

"We have both moved on although we never stopped moving on"

Ain't it the truth.

Unknown said...

I see you got your own open letters going on over here. I feel you!