Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 1- Healthy Eating & Living Challenge


Many of you are aware that in January, I began a 30-day No Soda Challenge which I successfully completed and as of today's date, still haven't indulged in a full soda (although last week I had a sip of someones Coke). Now that I have lost a few pounds and feel the difference that living soda-free has made in my life, I have decided to also challenge myself with eating more healthy in order to get in shape and lose some more weight. My goal is to lose 15 to 20 lbs, which would make me picture perfect for a nice two-piece which I plan to wear during my trip to Miami with ForeverLex.

My goals are simple: NO FAST FOOD. No sodas. Work out at least three times a week. Cook a healthy meal at home at least five nights a week and stay away from take-out. I would like to stay under 1800 cals a day.

Here is the data on Day 1 of the Healthy Eating & Living Challenge:

Breakfast- a bowl of Rice Chex cereal with two percent milk (150 cals)

Lunch- nothing

Snack- two pieces of sharp cheddar cheese (180 cals)

Snack- 1 cup of orange juice (125 cals)

Dinner- Hungarian Skillet Stew with egg noodles (400 cals)

Snack- 1 cup of Silk chocolate milk (140 cals)

= 995 cals.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

good goals...i know you can do it!! :)

I would say however to make sure you eat the right amount of calories...ESPECIALLY if you are working out..your body needs fuel..and also not to skip a meal..eating frequently helps speed up your metabolism.

GOOD LUCK!!!

DanniGyrl said...

Thanks ma'am. I skipped lunch today not on purpose but because I was napping and when I woke up, that is when I had my snack. I know in order to lose weight, I must eat each meal and not skip. You have encouraged me with your habit change and now I want to kick it up a notch for myself as well. :)

NightFall914 said...

Nice ladies.Great challenges.Gonna be a hot summer :)

achoiceofweapons said...

Hey Danni,
My Wife and I are on the 30 day no soda challenge. I told her about how you lost 16 pounds.

I am a soda addict and it's really getting me it's been what 1 and 1/2days already!

I'm sweating but I digress! (smile)
Jaycee