Tuesday, February 10, 2009

30 Day No Soda Challenge-Mission Accomplished

I have officially completed my 30 Day No Soda Challenge. I lost a total of 16 pounds and 2 and a half inches off of my waist. My beverage intake consisted of water, sweet tea, cranberry and apple juice. I am sure the weight loss is contributed to not drinking soda, but I also changed my eating habits by cooking more healthy foods, not eating after 8pm, and curving eating in between meals.

I have decided to continue my No Soda challenge to see how far I can really go without drinking soda. I HAVE NOT had a soda since January 5, 2009 even though I have surpassed the 30 day tie frame. I honestly don't miss it and I would rather devote my caloric intake to food than to soak it up with  200 calorie per pop soda.

Mission accomplished, at least for now. I planned on adding yoga or Pilates and more exercises to my lifestyle challenge and I have failed to do the latter. I am not giving up on that, though. Weight loss was not a major factor for me changing my eating habits but I do have a goal of losing 30 pounds so I can be leaner and well within the guidelines for weight set forth for my height and age. The YMCA near my home has a yoga class beginning at the end of the month, and by golly, I will be in that class.

8 comments:

NightFall914 said...

That's wassup Tingly Queen.Good to hear to banged out that 30.Keep it up.

Jia said...

Congrats mama...

Giving up soda does wonders for the body. Think about it...it's basically liquid sugar!

Good deal and keep us posted!

Jillian said...

Nice DG!!! Keep it up!!

I am aiming for 15-20 by my birthday! ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah you destroyed the odds, and the fact that you dont miss it at all, thats major. proud of you babe!

Anonymous said...

Good job!!!

achoiceofweapons said...

Well alright!
Jaycee

Anonymous said...

How good. I drank nothing but water for 2 weeks and lost weight. I was as well and wasn't eating much. I wish I could do the soda thing. Maybe one day. Good luck.

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Congratulations!

16lbs is a big deal! Awesome. I need to give it a try.